Monday, June 17, 2013

Chapter 1.4: Happy Birthday Boys

Happy Birthday Gavin!  What a cute little boy.  Got your mom’s hair I see.

It has been amazing how well this little family had been doing, and then unfortunately Karri decided to do some cooking.  She had been so close to reaching her first cooking skill point, so I figured she had it in the bag; but alas, FIRE!!!
(-5)

But we were lucky in the fact that the fire department did not show up, even with the smoke alarm going off: and Gus was able to come to the rescue and put the fire out before it spread.

***
Happy Birthday Keith!  Oh my!  You look just like your older brother.  Your mom’s genes appear to be strong.  I can tell I’m going to have a hard time telling the two of you apart.

Reading the kids book I left out for them. :)

Trick-or-treat!!!!!
Gus: “There are strange beings outside…and they’re yelling at us and banging on the door!”
It’s Spooky Day Gus.  Mellow out and go give them some candy.
Gus: “Candy?!?  I should give them all an apple and a toothbrush.  If they’re going door to door to get candy they will rot all of their teeth right out of their mouths.”


Karri set Gavin down in the walker and he worked on his walking skill.  While Keith plays with one of the toys I dislike the most, but at least it keeps him entertained.

 ***
Gus, feeling old age creeping up on him, and wanting to be there to see his children grow up, began his search for the elusive Life Fruit.  Luckily he had earned enough LTR points to buy the collection helper and set out hunting for special seeds.  Being the crazy guy that he is, and seeing as it was an unusually cold fall and all of his garden plants had gone dormant, Gus took it upon himself to buy a lot of planters and squeeze them into all the corners of their tiny cabin.

Gus: “That’s not crazy, it’s resourceful.”
I’m good with that; we need to get these plants growing, so you do whatever it takes.  Maybe if you sell some fish or vegetables, we could renovate your cabin.  The boys will eventually want a room of their own.
Gus: “Back in my day, the entire family lived in one room.  Not to mention outdoor plumbing.  These kids have it great.”
***

Meanwhile, Gavin’s birthday kind of snuck up on us.
Happy Birthday Gavin!  He gained the Perfectionist trait.

And poor Karri (I knew that Ambitious trait would come back to bite me), she now has a perpetual “Anxious to Advance” moodlet.  That, and the fact that she hasn’t gotten to leave the house since she came to visit, are probably the reasons that she is barking at the bird.  Geez, you’d think she’s the insane one.  Guess she fits right into this family. :)

Gus maybe you should take her out on the town sometime.
“No way.  I am not paying some over-priced babysitter to come eat my food and sit on my furniture.”
OK, well, at the very least take the whole family out to the park or something.
“I’ll think about it.  Maybe when Keith gets a little older.”

Karri quite surprised me when she started teaching Keith to talk all on her own.

Karri: "Keith, can you say golden jellyfish?"

Gavin: “Kings shouldn’t have to do homework.”
Maybe not, but I’m so happy that you are doing so, I was worried all of you children would avoid homework at any cost. :)

I was only going to let these two lovebirds have two children and had dismissed a couple wishes by Karri for more children.  But I finally gave in when she wished for another child again in the hopes maybe they will have a girl.



***
The family that cleans together…
Love when non-neat sims clean automatically.

Gus finally decided to register himself as a self-employed angler.

And oh, what a nice guy, running a bath while your wife is sick at your feet.
Guess that means baby number three is on the way.
Gus: “Maybe I’m drawing this bath for her.”
Are you?
Gus: “No, but I could have been.”
*rolls eyes*

Gavin cleaning some more.  I like having you around Gavin.
Gavin: “who said that?”
Oh right, you have the insane trait too.
Gavin: “Stop playing jokes dad and show yourself.”

And then off to his first day of school.


***

With one child now at school, Gus gets in some more fishing time.
Gus: "Anyone ever tell you that you talk too much?  Even a child would be able to tell I was fishing if they happened to walk by."
Sorry Gus, but I feel the need to fill in gaps.
Gus: "I don't even know what you're talking about, but sometimes silence is nice...especially when you're fishing."

Gavin returns home from his first day of school a very tired boy.


Gavin: “Dad, you really shouldn’t spend so much time fishing.”
Gus: “I’m registered now…so it is my career.  You will understand when you’re older.”
Maybe your son just wants to spend more time with you.

Gavin decided that he would prefer to sleep in the tree house instead of his bed…hope that tree house is insulated and heated.

Oh Gavin!  Maybe if you hadn’t slept in the tree house you could have made it to the bathroom…..
(-5)

***

Gus: “Beautiful day for fishing.”
It’s a good thing that this never freezes otherwise you’d be trapped at home with your family (*said sarcastically*)
Gus: “Yup, it’s a good thing.  This is my quiet peaceful time.”

Look who’s now showing.  Hope for dear Karri that baby number 3 turns out to be a girl.

Karri and Gavin go out to the yard to make a snowman.

Gavin: “A full moon is the perfect time for monsters to come out from under the bed, I’d better check and make sure there aren’t any under there.”

Gavin: “OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! MMMMOMMMMM!!!!

***

And another birthday.  Happy Birthday Keith!  He gained the Adventurous trait.  And I love his pajama’s.

Gavin: “There’s someone peeping in our front porch window!”
I wouldn’t go out there on a full moon Gavin, not if you want to keep your brain.
Gavin: “Zombies are just like bugs, you just have to shoo them away.”
Good luck with that.

Keith: “I will help my brother and face the zombie army in my watermelon swim trunks…that ought to scare them away.”

 After their zombie encounters, I was surprised both boys made it to catch the school bus the next morning.



*** 

Gus: “I love fishing, I love fishing, I love fishing…”
Gus: “Mmmmm…lobster.”
MASTERS FISHING SKILL
(+10)

***
Really Karri?  You’re interrupting your son who was wonderfully doing his homework on his own so that you can gossip with him?!?
Karri: “It was a really juicy piece of gossip, and he needed to know.”
Sure he did (*rolls eyes*).

 
***
So are you finally going to take the family out on the town?  I hear the Winter Festival is in town, maybe you could all go there?
Gus: “Aww, do I really have to?”
Yes, you have to.  I’m tired of poor Karri having the “stir crazy” moodlet hovering over her all the time.
Gus: “Fine!  But then I’m going fishing…and you better be quiet for once, you scare away all the fish with all your talking.”

Off to the winter festival.

Got a greeting card photo taken.

Made a snow Angel…you’re doing it wrong.

Had a snowball fight.

After a fun evening everyone piled back in the cab to head for home…
…everyone except Keith that is.  No one noticed.  Poor Keith.

Gus: “Guess that means I should go look for him.”
Probably a good idea as he is your son.

***
Meanwhile…
Gavin!  Why are you arguing with your mom?



Keith, I don't know how you can be doing your homework with these two fighting right behind you, but good on you.  You make me happy. :)
Keith: "I know, voice in my head, those two are so annoying.  At least I can be happy knowing that I am the good son."

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I am so happy you are doing so well (and having fun).

    Point of note...I am guessing maybe you are switching to them just to see what you are doing but be aware of taking pics with the plumbob hovering over your non-TH. Makes it look like you are cheating. Which I sure hope you are not ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And yes, I click them so the camera moves to them, but I will try and watch for that in the future. :)

      Delete