Thursday, June 20, 2013

Chapter 1.5: Achievements

So Karri had convinced Gus to try for a little girl and today is her due date…
Will she get the little girl she always wanted and be able to finally buy something pink?

Nope.

Poor Karri.  Welcome baby boy George.

George:          
Traits: Excitable, Brave                      
Likes: R&B Music, Grilled Cheese, Irish Green
Sign: Taurus
(+5)

Keith is happy not to be the youngest anymore.  Little does he know, being the middle child is much worse.
And of course, she went into labour while she had to pee…
(-5)

Isn’t Gavin sweet, cleaning up after his mom.

Karri is very good about reading the boys to bed.

And even see-sawing in the snow.

Karri then has a birthday, and a midlife crisis.  Wishing for another baby.
Sorry Karri, no more babies, I know you want a girl, but 3 boys is going to be a handful.

Gus: “So this house around the corner has come up for sale.  Karri wants to buy it and move.  I tell her she’s crazy and that we should just renovate this one.  Maybe we will end up on that Love It or List It tv show.  I’d be good on tv.”
I really don’t think that tv show would come all the way to Hidden Springs.

 ***

The kids have still not gone to school because of snow days.
Gus: “That’s rubbish!  When I was a kid we went to school in any amount of snow.  Didn’t matter if you had to dig your way out of your house, you went to school.  Not to mention we had to walk.  It was a couple miles at least, uphill both ways.  These kids have life too easy.”
Sure you did.  But I agree that the amount of snow days is a little ridiculous.

***

The Elusive Life Plant
Gus: “Turns out that my special seeds turned out to be two Plasma Plants and a Deathflower.  Two more sprouts left to identify.  Hopefully one of them is a life fruit.  My bones are starting to ache with age and I need to make sure to live longer.”

***

Happy Birthday George and Gavin!  Gavin receives the Party Animal trait.
Gus: “Typical teenager.”
Yes Gus.  How about we get onto that house renovation?



(*Note to reader* Here is one of the places I had some saving issues, was trying to renovate the house, but it kept crashing when I would try and save after renovating.  After re-renovating and crashing my game about 3-4 times, figured out it was the glitch with adding a second storey when you have the holiday lights on.  Removed the holiday lights, re-renovated and YAY! saved.  Karri did lose the wish to move, so the family just stayed in the renovated house.)

***
 Return of the Llama!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Gus: “It wants my first born!!!!!!!”
Calm down!  If you ignore it, it will go away, just like any other wild animal.
Gus: “You say that, but I bet it comes back, it seems to like this house.  Maybe Karri was right…we should have moved!”
I’m sure it would have found you there too.
Gus: “How can you say that?  Have you been feeding the Llama information?  Are you a Llama spy?”
Oh stop being paranoid.  See, it’s gone.  Let’s move on.  Perhaps you’d like to go fishing?
Gus: “I was planning a trip to the cemetery tonight.  Hear they have some pretty cool fish there.”
Sounds good.

Gavin attempts cooking.

He burns the waffles, but at least the house is still standing.

Gavin: “Everyone in this house is crazy.”

That include you you know.
Gavin: “I’m not crazy.  You are.”

You know you’re talking to yourself right?

Gavin: “Shut up.”

On a sad note:  “Spotted Sixam has flown off into the sunset.”
Hope you guys had remembered to feed him.  Poor bird.


Fishing in the Dark….caught the deathfish.

(*Another note to reader* The school bus has stopped coming to the house??  Not sure of this glitch, but may somewhat prompt kids to go to school, when I remember, until I get this fixed.  They’ve already missed a few days because I didn’t notice.)

Karri: “How dare you skip school!”

Gavin: “It’s not my fault mom, the bus never showed up.”
Karri: “Then you should have walked.  I need to cool down.”
Karri: “Oooo puddles.”

You two need to stop wishing for more kids!  No more kids!
(as Karri wishes for another child with Gus)

What a nice older brother Gavin is, reading a bedtime story to Keith.

Happy Birthday Keith!  He received the snob trait.

  
***

Gus, why are you going to the bookstore?
Gus: “I need to buy a couple recipes.”
Which recipes?
Gus: “Angel Food Cake and Ambrosia.  Because apparently you need to be able to make Angel Food Cake to Make Ambrosia.  Otherwise I’d just buy the one.”
Do you know how much those recipes cost?!?
Gus: “I have just enough money.”
Your family’s money, not your money.  What are you going to pay bills with?
Gus: “I’ll sell some more gnomes.  They seem to show up on our lot a bunch lately, and I can get like $1,000 for each one.”
That’s not really a secure financial plan.

Gus buys the recipes…
Gus: “Look, see, I have $6 left over.  Told you I had enough.  I did have to sell a couple of our other books though, and the bird cage.  I needed these recipes.”
Not sure it was a need as much as it was a want.
Gus: “I was getting old.”
You started off old.
Gus: “I want to see my kids grow up.  Plus I still haven’t found that stupid life plant.”
You do know that you need the life fruit for the recipe anyway?
Gus: “Yup, but while I learn the recipe it will give me time to find it.”
Well I can’t say I’m happy about the money situation, but I am happy that you may be able to prolong your life now.

And of course, as soon as we spend $13,000 on recipes…Life Fruit!

(*somewhere in here Gus mastered the cooking and gardening skills*)
(+10+10)

***

Brothers doing homework together.

Paparazzi is stalking Gus from the bushes.

Fishing in the cemetery during a full moon.

Maybe I should have made you a little braver.
Gus: “I’m not scared.”
Sure.

***
The boys go to prom.
Keith is crowned Prom King.
Both boys get into fights.

 ***

Happy Birthday George!  He receives the Vegetarian trait.

(*I’ve decided that the heir must have the Insane family trait before the birthday that they become torch holder.  Besides maybe the very young generation where I may not have the option to choose.  This means that I would have to get George the Insane trait before he turns Adult, either by picking when he ages up or earning enough LTR points to have a midlife crisis and change a trait.*)

Gus: “We’ve won a free vacation.”
How did you manage that?
Gus: “It just came in the mail.  Said they want our opinion on a new hotel that they are building.  Because it is still under construction, they will give us the vacation for free as long as we are willing to be surveyed.”
Things that sound too good to be true usually are.  Are you sure it’s not a scam?
Gus: “Do you think I would someone scam me?”
I think that it happens to all sorts of unsuspecting people, even if they think it will never happen to them.

(*Error in judgement on my part here… I allowed Gus and Karri to take the free vacation, thinking they would not age while gone.  I was so wrong, not only do they age, they also lose all of their locked in wishes. L*)

While the parents are away, the teenagers soon take over pulling prank after prank and setting booby traps all over the house.
Tells George to clean up…poor George.


And accuses him of being a diva.

And they allowed the starfish to die.

Gus is going to be mad at you guys for that.

So how was the vacation?
Gus: “Horrible!”
What happened?
Gus: “It wasn’t a hotel.  They spent the entire time trying to sell me a condo!”
Oh dear.  What did you do?
Gus: “What else…I gave them a piece of my mind and told them they were all scam artists preying on the poor elderly.”
You called yourself elderly.  You must have been really mad.
Gus: “I’m going fishing.”

The family that reads together…

And gardens together...


***

One Year Wedding Anniversary!
So they head to the Summer Festival.

Snow cones.

Really Gus…napping on a park bench?

Gavin and Karri join the eating contest.


Oh George...self-urination.
(-5)

Homework Keith?

Gus cooking up a storm when they return home.

Angel Food Cake.

And then...

Although had to stop halfway through to prevent a fire, as Karri left her Mac and Cheese on the stove.

AMBROSIA!!

 Gus: "This is yummy."

Gus: "I feel kind of funny...like a warm tingling...and a renewed energy."

Gus: "Time for some more fishing now that I feel so youthful again."

***

Really Gus, accusing your son of being insane?  That's the pot calling the kettle black don't you think?

Really George?  Why are you the cause of so many fails when you are one of the sane ones?
(-5)

George: "OMG! My brother told me monsters under the bed were real, but I thought he was just trying to scare me!!!"



And, really George?  Again?
(-5)

LTW Achieved!!
(+40)






Oh Happy Day!







1 comment:

  1. You are doing awesome at this!
    Great job!

    It's fine if you want to, but just a reminder that you don't NEED to give them the insane trait in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete