Friday, June 14, 2013

Chapter 1.2: Home Sweet Home

So last we were with dear old Gus, he had just arrived home from university.

Once Gus arrived home he wasted no time in calling up Karri and inviting her for a visit.
“Hi Karri, remember me, I’m the old guy you dated at university.  I know you just got home, but I was hoping you’d come visit me in Hidden Springs?”
So far so good…besides referring to yourself as the “old guy”.  I do foresee a shotgun wedding in the near future.
“Bring everything you own too, just in case you decide you never want to leave.”
Way to freak her out.
“She’s not freaked out, she said she’d be here first thing in the morning.”

Karri arrived bright and early and Gus immediately began to woo her, flirting up a storm.

And eventually popping the question.

Gus: “I know we have only known each other a short while, but let’s face it, I’m not getting any younger (not yet anyway).  You have been the sun on my rainy day ever since I met you.  Would you please do me the honour of being my wife?  I can’t guarantee we will have a lot of money, but you will never have to work (besides taking care of children and the house) and we will always have our love.”

Karri: “Oh my…Oh my…Oh my!  Yes I will marry you!”

Oh happy day. :)

Gus: "What say we get this show on the road and just get married right here right now?  After all there's no time like the present."
I'm good with that if she is.


Guess she was good with that. :)

Meet Karri Hampton.
Her traits are: Genius, Mooch, Green Thumb, Ambitious, Friendly
Likes: Kids Music, Hot Dogs, Blue
Sign: Cancer
LTW: Culinary Librarian

“I can’t believe she said yes.”
Oh ye of little faith.
“You know, I shouldn’t believe everything the voice in my head tells me.”
That’s probably true, but for most things I’m pretty sure you can count on me not to lead you astray.  Now how about consummating this marriage and starting the next generation?
“Geez, what is your rush?”
Don’t worry about that.  Just get to it.

And he did.  And the wonderful sounds of chimes filled the air.  And later more confirmation that baby number one is on the way.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment